Constitution: Rules of the Club
1. The Club shall be called "The Old Danensians'
2. The object of the Club shall be to maintain connection between past members of the School with one another and the School, and generally promote the welfare of the foundation.
3. "School" means Hall Cross School, Hall Cross Comprehensive School, Doncaster Grammar School, Doncaster Grammar School for Girls, Doncaster Grammar School for Boys, Doncaster Girls' High School, Doncaster Municipal Girls' High School and any other future change of name.
4. All pupils and staff both past and present shall be eligible as members of the Club unless excluded by the Committee.
5. The affairs of the Club shall be managed by a Committee which shall consist of Club Officials, viz: President, President Elect, Chairman, Honorary Secretaries, each section Area Secretary and up to 10 other members. Past Presidents shall be additonal members of the Committee. Five to form a quorum.
The Committee shall have power to appoint sub-committtees to organise entertainment of for other purposes as they think fit and have the power to co-opt to such committees other members of the Club or may empower such sub-committees to co-opt.
6. The Officers and Committee of the Club shall be elected annually at the Annual General Meeting. Appointments shall take effect from the A.G.M.
7.The subscription to the Club shall be:
i. Ordinary Membership, £3 per annum, payable on 1st January each year. (OM)
ii. Any member may become a Vice President, upon a single payment of £6 per annum, payable on 1st January each year. (VP)
iii. Ordinary Life Membership upon payment of a single subscription of £20. (LM)
iv. Vice President Life Membership upon payement of a single subscription of £40. (LVP)
8. An Extraordinary General Meeting of the Club may be called by the Committee to consider any matter of urgent importance and shall be called on receipt by the Secretary of a requisition signed by no fewer than 20 members; such a meeting shall be convened by notice in writing to each member three days at least before such a meeting. The notice convening such a meeting shall specify the business to be laid before it.
9. No alteration shall be made to these rules except at a General Meeting of the Club. Notice of such proposed alterations shall be given in the circular convening the meeting.
10. If practicable, Dinners shall be held in Doncaster in July, in London in March, and in any other section areas on suitably convenient dates.
11. The colours of the Club shall be replicas of the School crest in white on a dark blue background between pairs of diagonal, thin red stripes.
12. There may be elected at the AGM on the proposition of the Committee:
a. Honorary Vice Presidents who shall have full priveleges of membership and be guests of the Club at functions.
b. Honorary Life Members.
Rules of the Club taken from the Old Danensians' Membership List 2006.
Thursday 14th August 2008
Site maintained by Richard Flint.
© Old Danensian's Club MMVIII